Welcome to the Bomaderry High School (BHS) parents and citizens (P&C) section, we are so glad you have made your way here!
Bomaderry High School is fortunate enough to have a supportive and enthusiastic group of parents/carers/teachers who meet throughout the year to share ideas, listen to school updates from our Principal, communicate directly with students(SRC) and teachers, plan events and allocate funds to support and enrich our school community. Meetings are fun and inclusive allowing parents to connect with their child’s education first hand.
All parents are welcome to come along to the P&C Meetings held every second Thursday of the school term months, from 6.30pm held at the front of the school in a demountable classroom for easy access. Feel free to park with school grounds.
To encourage open communication between staff and parents, ‘FACULTY CHATS’ are held before the P&C Meetings at 6pm-6.30pm allowing parents to hear from individual Faculty Leaders about their particular curriculum, events, programming and resources within our school. Refer to the P&C Facebook Page for updates on scheduled agendas.
Whether you are an interested parent/carer wanting to participate in the school P&C, or you are just wanting to take a peek at what goes on at a meeting…all parents are encouraged to come along to share a cuppa/treat and meet your child’s school community. Help create your child’s future!
“The best way to predict your future is to create it.”– Abraham Lincoln
So what is BHS P&C?
We are a friendly, fun and productive group that works in partnership with school to make sure our students are supported and inspired as much as we possibly can.
What does that mean? What do we do?
We play an active role in the school community: running a healthy canteen, with all profits going straight back into school; providing parent/carer voices to decision making; and funding a wide variety of ‘extras’ that otherwise wouldn’t be able to run.
Meetings, believe it or not, are actually fun! Also we learn a lot about what is happening at school and we get to make a real difference to the school too. The best kept secret, although you may have been told otherwise, high school students really do like it when parents/carers show an interest in their school.
· Meetings: 6.30pm on every second Thursday of the month during term time. Meetings are held in the demountables at the front of Bomaderry High School.
· Visitors and new members are always welcome! Please drop in and stay for as long as suits. We understand how busy parents/carers are. We promise you won’t be made to do anything you are uncomfortable with.
· e-Network: If coming to meetings isn’t possible, or isn’t your thing but you would still like to hear about what we are doing, please click on the Sign-up to the e-Network.
There are other ways of helping out too;
· Canteen volunteers are desperately needed. You don’t need experience, there’s a whole range of different tasks on offer (washing up, stacking fridges or cupboards, washing tea towels, food prep – as little or as much as you like).
· Canteen lunches; the simplest way to fund raise – make sure your kids buy food from the canteen – remember all profits go straight back into BHS.
· Return and Earns; One of the main ways we are raising funds. Details at the end of the P&C section of the newsletter or contact us via details below.
· Events; we often need an extra pair of hands to help with events eg Naplan breakfast, Yr 7 welcome breakfast.
· Working Bees; come along to help spruce up our kids learning environments.
· Fundraising; we are always keen to get more money for our school and are very keen for help.
· Suggestions: We are always keen to hear your comments, suggestions and ideas. Please forward Comments/suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or please ring Cath Philpott on 0404 092284
Meet your P&C
President: Cath Philpott
Vice-president: Karen Wood, Carolyn Lette
Secretary: Kylie O'Neill
Treasurer: Daniel Hundt
Executive Member: Charlotte Prinsloo, Kristy Gardner
Canteen coordinator: Karina Miller
Canteen Committee: Cath Philpott, Karina Miller, Ian Morris, Karen Wood and Daniel Hundt
For more info, have a look at the P&C Federation’s website; http://www.pandc.org.au/
Meeting dates for 2023:
- 9 February
- 9 March (AGM)
- 11 May
- 8 June
- 10 August
- 14 September
- 12 October
- 9 November
- 7 December (Christmas Dinner)